Van Dyck Carpets Pty Ltd which now operates as Van Dyck Floors is the oldest South African carpet manufacturer (based in Durban) and has been in operation since 1948. Van Dyck Floors is ISO 9001:2008 (quality management) and ISO 14001 (environmental management) approved by the SABS, and we are also the only flooring manufacturer who has an ISO 14064-1 Green House Gas verification report. Beyond this, we have become the first South African company to achieve The Carbon Trust Standard for Carbon (the world’s leading and independent certifier of organizational carbon footprint reduction), for reducing our Green House Gas emissions by more than 40% over the past 4 years.
Van Dyck Floors is also a partner of 49M, a pledge of ours to save electricity and create a better economic, social and environmental future for all.
Van Dyck Carpets is owned by PFE International which is the holding company of the Zarrebini family. Our shareholders have more than 40 years of international experience in the manufacturing of carpets and fibre and yarn extrusion.
The Holding Company has invested more than 100 million Rand over the last years in upstream capital expenditure such as a state-of-the-art fibre extrusion line (by far the biggest in Southern Africa), BCF twisting and heat-setting line and also in the upgrading and modernization of the tufting and needlepunch looms enabling the company to enhance its product offering. Further investment has been made in the acquisition and installation of a modern state of the art Rubber re-cycling plant in partnership with the Mathe Group in Hammarsdale.
Van Dyck Floors is the only manufacturer in South Africa that offers all types of soft floor coverings being tufted, needlepunch and woven carpets and many of these are available in broadloom, tiles (DIY, plain back, bitumen backed) and rugs covering both the residential and commercial market.
The company also manufactures a range of rubber underlays and Acoustic flooring products branded under the name Eco-Lay, InstaLay and InstaCradle. These environmentally “green” underlays and acoustic access flooring accessories are manufactured from post-consumer recycled tyres, manufactured at our conversion plant in Hammarsdale (Mathe Group) and are suitable for and under a variety of floor coverings and floors (carpets, laminates, vinyl planks, bamboo and wood flooring).
Thanks to an exclusive partnership with Easigrass, the company also offers a comprehensive range of Artificial Grass products suitable for landscape and sports applications.
Van Dyck Floors stocks and distributes a comprehensive range of stick down (LVTs), Rococo (stick-down), Rococo Parquet and Rococo Wide Plank.
Van Dyck Floors, therefore, provides a broad spectrum of flooring solutions under one brand with countrywide distribution capability.
VISION & MISSION
To be a world-class manufacturer of soft floor coverings as defined by the customers we serve. Van Dyck is an organization that has in its DNA, honesty, integrity, hard work and is committed to enhancing society’s ability to build a sustainable future through environmentally and socially responsible practices.
It is the mission of Van Dyck to provide soft flooring that is affordable, durable and environmentally friendly. We will provide the highest quality possible through our skilled and dedicated employees in accordance with our tradition of high manufacturing standards.
Responsibility – Act as a responsible citizen of the communities in which we operate
Sustainability – Embrace the need for a sustainable society and minimize our impact on the environment
Integrity – Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity
Quality – Satisfy our customers through superior quality and customer service
Diversity – Enhance the diversity of our employees by developing their skills and leadership capabilities
Van Dyck Floors currently employs around 215 people and complies fully with its Employment Equity Plan that was submitted in October 2016. The company provides ongoing training and offers learnership and textile bursary opportunities for the staff.
Van Dyck Floors has also taken social responsibility to a higher level and continues to support a number of initiatives to make a difference in the lives of those who need help the most.
With the world focus on environmental issues, it is interesting to note that Van Dyck Floors is amongst the most active and progressive companies addressing these issues.
Here is a list of 11 good reasons to buy carpets from Van Dyck Floors (VDF):
1. VDF is a proud member of the Green Building Council of South Africa.
2. VDF has an Environmental Management System that ensures responsible manufacturing.
3. VDF focuses on the use of recycled materials instead of using the virgin material.
4. VDF has a comprehensive recycling programme in place.
5. All VDF carpets have very low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emission rates, and no formaldehyde is used in our production process
6. VDF has a range of Eco-lay underlays, which are made from 100% post-consumer recycled rubber and are fully recyclable.
7. VDF products are known for their superior and lasting performance (lesser replacements minimize the impact on the environment).
8. Most VDF products are made locally in Durban SA, reducing the impact of transportation on the environment (as opposed to imported products).
9. All VDF have built-in thermal properties assisting the overall thermal comfort of a home or building with reduced energy efforts.
10. VDF has, in most of our carpets, introduced SILVERPLUS®, the ultimate anti-microbial protection for textiles and carpets.
11. VDF is the first company to achieve a Carbon Trust Standard for Carbon.